5 Metabolism Killing Foods
All too often, I see folks start a new exercise routine and work their butts off but they can’t lose a pound. It turns out there are a number of foods that a lot of people view as “health foods” that are sabotaging all their efforts in the gym. Remove the following five foods from your diet and you will notice a significant difference in your waistline.
· Fruit juice: a blood sugar nightmare (especially orange juice). Drinking fruit juice and consuming too much sugar will absolutely destroy your metabolism.
· Peanut butter: acidic, full of fungus, and inflammatory; peanuts can cause major digestion issues.
· Artificial sweeteners: trigger cravings, stimulate appetite, and lead to weight gain.
· Canola oil: extremely inflammatory and will decrease the body’s ability to lose fat.
· Energy bars and drinks: loaded with SUGAR and cause a major spike in glucose levels, which tells the body to store fat.
Adding the right food to your diet is a great way to boost your metabolism and beat the bulge. Start by consuming at least two or three servings of the following foods each day:
· Coconut oil: (may increase metabolism up to 40%).
· Green tea
· Apple cider vinegar