Ingredients You Should Avoid in Beauty Products
FACT: The products we put on our skin end up the bloodstream, where they are carried throughout the entire body within minutes. These chemicals have been linked to hormone (endocrine) issues, headaches, autoimmune diseases, cancer and more. Clean personal care items are a must. However, finding them can be tricky. That’s why I’ve created this list for you.
I highly recommend snapping a quick picture of this page, so the next time you’re shopping for sunscreen, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, makeup or any other personal care item, you’ll know exactly what to avoid.
These are the ingredients you should avoid:
· Parabens (methyl, propyl, ethyl, butyl) are hormone and endocrine disruptors.
· Propylene glycol & PEGs have been shown to cause cancer.
· Sodium laureth sulfate is an endocrine disruptor and causes cancer.
· Triclosan alters thyroid function and is linked to cancer.
· Mineral oil causes cancer.
· Fragrance is a neuro-toxin.
· Phenoxyethanol causes reproductive issues.
· FD&C dyes increase the likelihood of heavy metal toxicity and are linked to cancer.
· DEA, ETA, TEA, & MEA are carcinogens.
· Ammonium lauryl sulfate is a carcinogen.
· Aluminum is a neuro-toxin.
· Benzyl peroxide causes cancer.
· Salicylic acid is linked to birth defects.
· Phthalates are carcinogenic, cause endocrine disruption, and are linked to birth defects.
· Butylphenyl methylpropional is a skin irritant.
· Diazolidinyl urea.
· Benzyl alchohol causes allergies.
· Retinyl palmitate is a reproductive toxin.
· Geraniol is a reproductive toxin.
· Linalool is an allergen.
· Hydroquinone is linked to cancer.
· Oxybenzone is an allergen and hormone disruptor.
· Paraphenylenediamine (PPD).
· Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) is a carcinogen and causes liver damage.
· Aminophenol, diaminobenzene, phenylenediamine (coal tar) are carcinogens.